What is IELTS?International English Language Testing System is a test which is available in two formats IELTS Academic and General Training. Those who are considering to study at a higher level in abroad will clear the IELTS Academic. IELTS General Training is for social skills and workplace context. Moreover, this test is accepted by 140 countries in more than 10,000 institutions. Students who want to clear IELTS should choose the best IELTS institute in Ludhiana .
What is TOEFL?Test of English as a Foreign Language which is a developed by the American company to measure the individuals speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills in the American language. This test is accepted by 130 countries in more than 900 universities. You should choose the best TOEFL institute In Ludhiana to clear the exam.
Difference between IELTS and TOEFLReading
• In TOEFL, the reading part is of around 60 to 100 minutes (can be short also). In this section, the student has to read around 4 to 6 academic passage and also answer the multiple-choice questions.
• In IELTS, there are 15 questions which include short answer, multiple choice, and true/false, and summary. This test is split into 3×20 minutes. The questions are designed in such a way so that it tells how well you can understand the text in that particular language along with the idea and style.
• In IELTS, there are different languages which include Ireland, Wales, USA, Australia, and many others. This part of the exam lasts for 30 minutes and it contains 4 sections. In this section, you can get an informational lecture, a conversation in an academic context and an academic lecture.
• In TOEFL, the student is questions related to the university on different things such as hometown and family topics, in total there will be 6 questions. The candidate has to express his thoughts and feeling on the given topic. In addition to this, the conversation is for around 20 minutes with a computer and it is recorded and assessed by the examiner once the time is complete.
• In IELTS, the time duration is short and it is around 12 to 15 minutes. It contains 3 sections and you will speak with a real examiner. Additionally, you will be given 2 minutes to prepare the topic which can be related to home, job, and studies.
• In IELTS, there are two writing tests which are Academic and General Training. Those who want to apply for the university will clear the Academic test. This test lasts for one hour and it contains 2 tasks. In task 1, you have to describe information in the form of graph, table or diagram and in 150 words. In task 2, you will write either discuss something or write an argument. You have to write 250 words and 40 minutes are given to the candidate.