Groundnut soup which is also called peanut stew is a common but delicious Nigerian delicacy which is commonly eaten with rice, a starch like eba or fufu.
- Dry fish
- Stock fish
- Raw peeled groundnuts
- Bitter leaf
- Pumpkin leaves
- Ground crayfish
- Seasoning cube
- Ground dry pepper
- Soak the stock fish & dry fish for a few hours or boil a bit, when soft, clean the fish, remove the bones and separate them into small pieces.
- Roast the raw groundnuts in a pan, stirring constantly till they look golden brown (Make sure the groundnuts do not get burnt) and grind in a dry mill.
- Season and cook the meat, add the dry fish and stock fish.
- Cook till all the meat and fish are well done.
- Add the crayfish, salt and pepper, cover and cook till it boils.
- Transfer the meat and fish to another pot/container leaving the stock in the pot.
- Add the ground groundnuts and stir very well till there are no lumps.
- Reduce the heat to very low and start cooking.
- Cook till a thin film of clear oil appears on the surface, add palm oil and stir very well.
- Add the beef and fish, stir and cook on low heat till it boils, add the vegetables, stir and leave to simmer.
- Groundnut soup is ready.